HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

March 8, 2015

Shamrocks, 4 Leaf Clover, Blog Hop & A Recipe!

Hello Everyone!
 
Thanks for the comments! I love that you are all enjoying the hop and that you appreciate us taking the time to do that!  It's so cool that you are learning new techniques or trying other mediums thru the blog hop or Mystery BOM!  That is what makes it all worth while!!  Thank you all for your patience waiting for the "LUCKY" Friday winner to be announced!!!!  Here is the winner!!!  Congratulations!  Please email us at orders@buttermilkbasin.com with you mailing address by Tuesday so we can mail you out your patterns! 
 
WINNER * WINNER * WINNER!
Blogger Becca * March 6, 2015 at 12:39 PM
 
Next up I have a couple little fun St. Patty's Day treats for you!!!  Here is what the girls and I will be making for St. Patty's Day! She even includes a downloadable printable for the tags! Plus mint + chocolate = Yummy! Link below! Enjoy!
 
 
Looking for a great picture to show how to make a shamrock or 4 leaf clover? Here you go! Quick & easy! These would be great to make into a garland or add on a pin cushion!! Hope it sparks your creativity!  Link below! 

 
 
Spring Thyme Blog Hop Continues!!!!!
Up next is Debbie Busby from Wooden Spool Designs!  How cool is it that she was married on the 1st day of spring!  What a neat anniversary date!!  Here is her Q & A!!!
 
Q & A
 Tell us briefly about yourself… Hey everybody…. I’m Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs. I’ve lived in the Northwest my whole life and love living here. I’ve been married for 39 years; have two married children, 6 adorable grandchildren, and two labs.
 
Life is always busy around here and each day is filled with something new!!! In other words…there is NEVER A DULL MOMENT!!!
Favorite medium to work in?  WOOL!!!! My absolute favorite medium to work with is 100%wool. Hand dyed wool. I dye my own wool and love seeing the changes the wool goes through and the transformation it takes during the dying process. 
 
 What inspires you?  My mom inspired me to start my business which I will always be grateful for. Everyday things that I see, the shapes and colors of the different seasons, spending time in the quiet late nights at my sewing table is my favorite time to create.
 
I am also inspired by my family, friends, and all the other wonderful people who LOVE to work with wool!! There is nothing more inspiring than to be around others who love to stitch with wool!!
 
Indispensable tool?  Fortunately not many tools are required for wool applique and would not be possible without a needle. I use Piecemaker #8 embroidery needles but always tell my students that there is really NO WRONG needle. Use what you like….what you can thread…..and make sure you have an extra!! (I always lose mine)!!
 
Your design style in 3 words?  Heartwarming, Folksy, Whimsical
 
On the drawing board?  I seem to never be able to stitch faster than the list of projects I have lined up!! Spring Quilt Market is coming up in May so I am working on new designs!!
 
You collect?  My favorite things to collect are old buttons in jars, tomato pincushions, and Ironstone pitchers. I love old rustic style things!!
 
On your bucket list? I would love to take a fall trip to the New England States!!!
Click the link to head on over to Debbie's blog to print off her recipe & this darling little tulip basket!
 
See you tomorrow as the "HOP" continues...
March 1 * Quilts By Cheri
March 2 * Plumcute Designs
March 3 * Gail Pan Designs
March 4 * Woolen Willow Designs
March 5 * Ali Strebel Designs
March 6 * The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
March 7 * Sew Unique Creations
March 8 * Wooden Spool Designs
March 9 * Heartspun Quilts
March 10 * Notforgotten Farm
March 11 * Crabapple Hill
March 12 * Threadwork Primitives
March 13 * Buttermilk Basin
March 14 * Calico Moon
 
 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Each day your designers surprise us with more wonderful projects. Thanks so much for doing this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...