HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

February 18, 2015

Memories & a Recipe!

Do you ever see something and instantly wish you could show someone it or share this experience with them?  Or know that person would love this or specifically the shop?  That's something that I've been experiencing a lot lately... Especially this weekend when GW and I were out and about!  All I could think about was my mom!  She would have loved this going road trippin with us... this place & their darling array of unique children's old toys & doll clothes!  She never passed up a vintage yo-yo quilt or stitchery piece!  And even as she grew older... she kept the childlike wonder dear to her heart!  I hope these little pieces spark a little childhood memory in each of us!  May your week be filled with joy & laughter!!!  {PS-I did buy the little metal kitchen strainer in the pic below and will think of mom when I set it out at each show to hold my business cards/flyers!  Miss you momma!!} xo


Here's also a neat recipe!  Can it get any better than gourmet Rice Krispie bars? Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Because they are gone doesn't mean they aren't present in our hearts and conversations :) While in Maui I was drawn to a little sailboat charm...the last time I had been there was when my mom and I had sailed the islands together in 2006...great times. HH bought the charm for me and every time I now see it on my bracelet I relive those good times with mom. ((hugs)) The rice crispy recipe is awsome!!!

Kay Harmon said...

I miss my mom every day too. She's always with me in spirit but I sure would enjoy her being with me physically. Sending a hug to you.

Janet O. said...

What a sweet post. You have wonderful memories with your Mom! I know you miss her dearly!

Dee said...

So, it was you I saw in Mankato at the antique store. I thought it was then I thought, what would she be doing in Mankato. LOL - and you bought the large spool I went back to get. HAHAHA - enjoy the memories:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...